Tuesday, August 18, 2009

[] soy much more []


Woke in aspen, slipped out of the lodge careful not to wake anyone. I really, really wanted some solitude, alone time just to work out things in my head. I felt kinda rude not asking anyone to join me, so I wrote a good morning note with my vague whereabouts and placed on the disheveled bed. I headed out just to walk around and silently breathe the cold mountain air. I spotted a trail head enveloped in wild flowers and a big ol’ sign giving the rundown on the rules of hiking. 10 steps into the trail, my sisters voice “please don‘t go hiking by yourself, I had a dream that you got mauled by mountain lions” played out in my head. So I begrudgingly went back the same way I came in to keep my word about keeping on the pavement. The pavement adventure wasn’t so bad, it eventually led me to a hopping coffee shop where I found my new love: the Mexican soy latte (cayenne pepper infused soy latte). This spicy weirdness was the perfect touch to a morning of thought and calm absorption of the aspen life.

No comments: