Wednesday, August 19, 2009

[] open window []


LA life is such a dichotomy. These peoples are the most hang-loose, placid, calm, laid back, chill, lazy-whatever you want to call it. Yet, they drive like they are taking all of their pent up anxiety, anger, aggression out on their engines. I am convinced that all cali's secretly love NASCAR.

I've had such a wonderful time out here. Part of loving to travel is getting to see how people live. We stayed near the beach in a great family neighborhood where i enjoyed getting to walk a dog every morning! i was in heaven, that dog kinda gave me a pseudo passport into what living there would feel like, in a strange way. The house where we stayed had such a calm vibe. Kethurah, annas sister was house sitting and she graciously let us stay there. they leave their doors and windows opened all the time, that feeling is so great to me ( probably because this isn't possible until the fall time in the ozarks). i also loved waking up (from a california king covered in egyptian cotton) and seeing a study bible opened, on the kitchen table. it wasn' t there the night before. i reasoned that keturah reads before she starts her day, which is so friggin' admirable. i stood there imaging what that might look like in my life. i know i was supposed to see this. it reminded me of my first love and how i only have one shot at this. how i've grown to be ok with not reading and praying so much, which really, really bothers me. just seeing that grey lifeless book sitting there that morning made my eyes well up. i was so happy that she has the discipline and love to make Jesus a part of her life, sharing her quite mornings. i was inspired to do the same with mine.

No comments: