Wednesday, August 3, 2011

[] Favorite Things []

Ahhh, is that time of year again for me when California welcomes me with breezy, open arms...this trip is especially great for many reasons...I left the week of record high temperatures where I live (think 100+ degrees) only to be living among the 85 degree digits and lower, and getting to wear my white, zippered hoodie at night...it is blissful...


Another great aspect is having 6+ hours during each day to explore on foot and bike...Anna, my friend that I visit, works 20-30 minutes away from her home, so instead of staying at her house the entire day while she is gone, I catch a ride with her and then head out from there...how often do you get to explore, out on your own, venturing out into the unknown? Make a plan soon to do this, it's the absolute, necessary fun you should be having...

I've made a photo block of my favorite things from yesterday...I was on foot in the city of Orange, and anytime I saw something I really loved looking at, I took a photo.  I choose my favs and make a block out of them, kinda like a visual summary of the day.  But obviously, I cannot fit everything that I love...Anna is so great to me out here, it would impossible to show you everything.  I've met two of her "new" friends, David and Ann.   They are two wonderful, insanely special people to Anna, so now they are a part of my heart as well...

And just to be totally clear, I do work when I am out here, honestly! I spend hours and hours in coffee shops, parks, and the beach editing client work, culling images, answering emails, booking new online clients, and all other behind the scenes things good business owners do...it just happens that I love business and its easier for me to keep up with it on a daily basis, even while on vaca...

So, what are you going to explore today? a new website, a walking trail, a relationship, a conversation?

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I stayed in Orange when I was out there several years ago. I liked it quite a bit. I'm jealous of your being in Cali! ;o)

adie said...

Yes, its a lovely little town, isn't it? great weather too! were you visiting friends?